Although curtains, drapes and sheers are lovely to look at, they do not always give you the privacy that you need to keep your family secure. At night, when a light is on in a home, it allows strangers to see in from pretty far distances. If you have home shutters that fit properly, it eliminates this invasion of privacy. This is extremely important for single females and families with children of any age. Not to mention, if an intruder tries to come in through a window in the middle of the night, there is an increased chance that you will hear them if you have blinds.
You Can Still Hang Curtains with Home Shutters
Some people assume that if you have home shutters then you can’t decorate with curtains, but this is not true. Although the shutters we have here at Danmer are certainly stylish enough to standalone, there is no reason you can’t hang curtains, sheers, a valance or anything else in front of them. There are plenty of rods that offer the depth that is needed to hang these fabric pieces in front so the shutters are still easy to operate behind them.
Although there are a ton of different interior shutter styles available, there are a few that are so dynamic, they can easily become a focal point that every home needs. This means that while doubling as pieces of art, they are still controlling light and helping to decrease energy bills.
Popular Interior Shutter Styles
- Masterpiece – These are some of the most popular interior shutter styles with those who really need a dramatic piece of art in their room. A picture can either be printed or engraved on the back of the shutters, so when they are closed, they really do turn into art. A picture is a little more bold while engraved is more subtle; both are equally as beautiful.
- Skyline Gliding Window Panels – Combine gorgeous fabric with a revolutionary hardware system. Choose from 187 different material and color combinations.
- Silhouette Window Shadings – These are perfect for awkward shaped windows that are arched or angled as well as French doors and sliding glass doors.
- Duette Honeycomb Shades – Although simple in design, these shades come in over 400 color and material combinations to really complement your space.
If you are like many others, you are choosing alternatives to wood, especially if you don’t know if the company selling it is responsible in where they receive it. Animal habitat is being taken away at an alarming rate from forests that the Earth really cannot afford to lose. Some companies make a point to know where the wood comes from, others do not.
Here at Danmer, we understand the growing concern over wood furnishings, but we also understand that nearly everyone loves the look of shutters made from wood. This is why we have created our Thermalite shutters.
They Look Like Hardwood Shutters
It is nearly impossible to tell the difference between hardwood shutters and Thermalite varieties, but rest-assured, no trees are used in their production. In fact, we choose to use recycled materials, making them a very environmentally friendly option. Your guests will never be able to tell they aren’t real wood, yet they are fire-retardant, water-resistant and nontoxic.
Have you been trying to decide what to do with your storefront window? You probably love the natural light, but then for a few hours a day there is likely a blinding glare created, especially if the rays reflect off any metal racks or mirrors in the store. Not to mention, this increases the store temperature so the air conditioning has to work harder. If these are not good enough reasons to have a shutter custom made, perhaps you should think about potential thieves lurking in the window when no one is around. Alternatively, how do you feel when you are there late doing inventory yourself, knowing that someone else could be viewing you as a potential target?
A Custom Shutter Adds a Point of Interest
Many people are not aware that a custom shutter can be made with a picture on it. Therefore, when you close the shutters, customers in your store notice a beautiful piece of art in the window. This is a powerful marketing tool because it makes your store much more memorable than your competition down the road.
Whether your meeting room welcomes international partners or local distributors, it should be warm, comfortable and sophisticated. This is a room in your company where others should feel like guests and you naturally become more in control, like the gracious host. There is just something about rich wood that is very comforting to most. It is like curling up next to a warm fire or getting comfortable on a porch swing; some things just immediately put you at ease.
The Reasons to Add Custom Wooden Shutters to Your Meeting Room
- Light Control – Not only do you not want a glare shining in the eyes of a future investor, if you use slides or videos, you need the room to be dark. Custom wooden shutters offer superior light control.
- Interesting – Individuals entering your room will immediately be eager to hear what you have to say because anyone who takes so much pride in their window treatments must be pretty important and even a little mysterious.
- Easy to Clean – Cheap plastic and fabric are both nightmares to clean. The last thing you need is for someone to see a layer of dust on your blinds as the sun shines through. Not to mention, fabric curtains are magnets for dust. Shutters can easily be wiped cleaned frequently with minimal effort.
If you have an enclosed porch or sunroom, it is likely one of your favorite spaces in the house. It gets you close to being outside, but without having to deal with the bees, mosquitoes and other pests. Not to mention, you can enjoy it even when it is raining, snowing or super windy out.
The problem is that there are times during the day that the room likely gets unbearably hot from the sun beating in. Not only is this uncomfortable, it fades your furniture. Sun control roller window shades can help protect your furniture while also making the room more comfortable.
Why Our Sun Control Roller Window Shades are so Special
The sun control roller window shades we have here at Danmer are perfect for any room in your home, including the sunroom. Special fabric is used to reduce glare, diffuse light and help to control interior temperatures. Not to mention, since they block out UV rays, they help to keep your furniture looking new longer.
We only use the highest quality fabrics paired up with your choice of a motorized or chain operated clutch control. Schedule a free consultation today and allow one of our experts to help you choose which fabric is right for your needs and space.
If you have a boring window, shutters plantation are exactly what you need to dress it up, offer privacy and control light. Sometimes, a room has a window that is just in an awkward place. Perhaps it is too high or low to even think about hanging curtains, or maybe it faces your neighbor’s bedroom, so you want to make sure no one can see in your room. Plantation shutters are perfect.
Can’t Find Anything to Cover that Awkward Window? Shutters Plantation Will
If you have shopped for blinds in the store you have likely found that they come in very specific sizes, so what are you supposed to do when these measurements don’t work for you? Do you “make” them work? If you have an awkward size window, shutters plantation are ideal.
Here at Danmer, we can custom make just about anything for you. Plus, we offer a free consultation, so you know that you will get the perfect fit. Schedule an appointment today and one of our design consultants will help give your space that polished look it may be missing.
It can be easy to hang curtains on your windows or tempting to buy prefabricated blinds from a store, but these options are really not offering any benefits. There are many reasons why custom shutters are the answer and they are not all in the aesthetically pleasing category. They are essentially the smartest and most beautiful way to dress up your window.
Why Choose Custom Shutters
- Privacy –Nothing can offer privacy like custom shutters. When they are made precisely to fit your window, there are no gaps that people can see through. Not to mention, if privacy is your main concern, you will be happy to learn that some of the options we have here at Danmer make it virtually impossible to see through.
- Upkeep – Curtains collect dust, which can mean trouble for asthma and allergy sufferers. Shutters can easily be dusted off and cleaned frequently.
- Reduced Energy Cost – Who wants lower bills? If you raised your hand, you need shutters. They may cost a little more than some options, but when they are reducing heating and cooling costs, you really will not be complaining about the expense.
- Increase Value – Most home buyers today are individuals who are either busy professionals or parents. Either way, nether has time to deal with moving into a new home and shopping for window treatments. They make your home more desirable and worth more money.
It never fails, the one morning all week that you get to actually sleep in an extra hour, the sun is perky and peeking through your window. If you have cheap blinds or curtains, there is no way to block all the rays out so you either have a glare directly in your face or bouncing off your mirror. Even if you have no glare, your room is probably too bright to sleep and the room temperature is likely too warm to be comfortable. Sleeping in wouldn’t be a problem if you had shutters custom made.
Having Shutters Custom Made is Good for Your Health
Your body needs a certain number of hours every night to reset itself. When you don’t get enough sleep, your immune system is weakened, little things bother you so are more prone to stress and you typically do not eat right or exercise. These are all things that play roles in your health. Having shutters custom made increases the quality of sleep you have and allows you to stay asleep longer, without the morning burst of sunshine waking you up. The right amount of sleep results in a healthier you.
Are you tossing around the idea of adding window shutters to your home, but you are not really sure if the expense is worth it? After all, you could just throw some curtains on the windows and call it a day, right? Well, there are a few very good reasons why shutters should be a priority on your home decorating list.
Nothing Compares to Window Shutters
- Beautiful – When window shutters are custom made to fit properly, there is really nothing that can compare to how elegant they make a room look.
- Increased Privacy – Whether you just have a feeling that someone is watching you from outside, or if you have a lot of valuables you want hidden from potential thieves, shutters will give you increased privacy.
- Energy Savings – Properly fit, shutters will reduce your energy bill by controlling light and blocking window drafts.
- Comfort – When you can control the light and glare coming in a room, you can better control the temperature and comfort level as well.