If you are considering having custom window shutter made, you already know that you need to decide on a basic style, material and color. However, there are a lot of other small details that you will want to explore as well. You may assume that your blinds will come out a certain way, but they end up being quite different. Asking the right questions will help make sure that they fit your vision.
Do Not Have a Custom Window Shutter Made Without Answers to These Questions
- What type of material is being used?
- How do they open and close?
- How much light control do they provide?
- Are the edges straight or rabbited?
- What is the thickness of the side rails?
- How is the tension of the blinds adjusted?
- Are they water-resistant, fire-retardant and/or nontoxic?
- How long is the warranty on them?
- Is the warranty transferrable to a new homeowner, if I sell in the future?